• Well established company with a good culture and credible brand presence
• Fantastic career progression opportunities
• Offering a diverse working environment shared between the office and the port.
Reporting to the Port Agency Manager, this exciting and fast paced position will provide an efficient, timely and cost-effective port agency service for all Carnival Group vessels within Sydney. This includes, facilitating paperwork, customs, quarantine, immigration requirements and approvals on the arrival and departure of the ship in port – plus lots more to bring our vessels in and out of Sydney!
First things first, check out what we have on offer!
• Competitive base + super + bonus + laptop + mobile
• Ranked in the top 10 in Australia 2021 of ‘Great Places to Work’
• Work life balance – 9 day working fortnight working compressed hours with full time pay. Yes, that’s a long weekend every fortnight!
• Supportive Health & wellbeing programs – physical, mental, and financial health benefits
• Fantastic family & friends discount on travel and on-board product launches
• Reward & Recognition – attractive incentive schemes, recognition programs and annual salary review
• Free activation cruises for you and your family
• An inclusive and diverse proud workforce
You are passionate about the industry and will demonstrate great initiative, organisational skills and ability to project manage competing priorities. With a mix of office and port, the cruise line industry is a 24/7 operation, and out of hours and weekend work will be required so flexibility to work as required is a key component of this role. As part of a close-knit team, your outgoing personality and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the work done will set you apart from your competitors.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Executing pre and post cruise paperwork or each vessel assigned to you in port
• Booking vessels in and out of the port and arranging other required port services
• Manage the submission of crew and passenger information to the Department of Immigration
• Arrange logistics involved with provisions and fuel and coordinate baggage operations on turnaround days
• Liaise with government authorities such as port authorities, immigration, bio security etc
• Liaise with all internal stakeholders involved in ship operations to ensure efficient port calls of Carnival Group vessels
• Port call reporting, analysis and ad hoc duties as required
We’d love to hear from people with:
• 2+ years’ experience in a similar role or Shipping/Fleet or Port Operations role
• Cruise Ship or Travel knowledge highly desirable or a passion to get into the industry
• Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks to meet fixed timelines
• Ability to work autonomously and part of a highly successful team
• Confidence using a computer with intermediate MS Office (Word and Excel)
• Strong administration, attention to detail and accuracy skills
• Flexible working hours and willingness to work out of office hours
Carnival Australia is part of the Carnival Corporation, the world’s leading cruise holiday company, representing iconic brands including P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises, Cunard, Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line and Seabourn. Listed on the London and New York stock exchanges, we are one of the world’s leading leisure companies, hosting over 10 million guests annually. In Australia, our 400 employees support 7 iconic cruise brands including Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, P&O Cruises, P&O Cruises World Cruising, Princess Cruises and Seabourn.
This is an excellent opportunity for highly motivated individuals with the experience and aspiration to work in a dynamic environment. Are you ready to launch your career with an Industry leader? APPLY NOW!
• Carnival Australia promotes diversity and inclusion across our workplace and encourages applications from all backgrounds and communities including people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, the LGBTQIA+ community and people living with disability.
• As part of our recruitment process and commitment to safety, suitable candidates will be required to undertake background checks which may include a police check, skills assessment/ testing, and reference checks as part of your application process.
• We will not be accepting resumes from Agency recruiters.